Use this Fantastic Mr. Fox movie guide to turn this artful movie into a classroom winner. Whether or not you’ve recently read the 1970 novel by Roald Dahl, this movie has great potential to teach students a valuable lesson about diversity and coming up with creative solutions. Discuss with your students the 10 high-level, short answer and essay questions. Pause at the designated times on the movie guide and watch your students engage.
Please see the product images for example questions. Download a free, complete movie guide for Kung Fu Panda 3 to see the general quality of the questions in these movie guides.
An answer key is not included as many questions are open-ended and encourage students to analyze the film. Many answers will not fit into a ‘box’. Students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior.
Here are my tips for using this Fantastic Mr. Fox Movie Guide for students in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie