Take advantage of the lessons that can be learned from Moana with this Moana movie guide! Discuss with your students the 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions. Pause at the designated times on the movie guide and watch your students engage.
Please see the product images for example questions. Download a free, complete movie guide for Kung Fu Panda 3 to see the general quality of the questions in these movie guides.
An answer key is not included as many questions are open-ended and encourage students to analyze the film. Many answers will not fit into a ‘box’. Students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior.
Here are my tips for using this Moana Movie Guide in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
Also check out the Moana Bundle and Save 35%:
Moana Movie & Music Video Guide Bundle
The bundle includes:
Moana Movie Viewing Guide – Print and Digital Versions (4 pages)
How Far I’ll Go – Moana – Music Video & Song Lyrics Lesson Plan (3 pages)
You’re Welcome – Moana – Music Video & Song Lyrics Lesson Plan (3 pages)
Shiny – Moana – Music Video & Song Lyrics Lesson Plan (3 pages)