Here are my tips for using A Big Mooncake for Little Star Read Aloud Book Guide in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided A Big Mooncake for Little Star Read Aloud Book Guide for each student
- Preview the questions ahead of time to see if any tweaks need to made to suit your students
- Encourage discussions and further questions, but discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
A Big Mooncake for Little Star Read Aloud Book Guide resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
Is this resource worth it? Download some of free resources below to check for quality: before you buy!
I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don’t already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool to read aloud the book and share the pictures with your students
- Pause for discussion after all or designated questions and give students time to respond