Abominable Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG – 2019)
Abominable Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG – 2019) explores Yi’s magical life journey as she helps Everest, a lost yeti, return home. Challenge students to think like a director and identify how Yi grows from her experience and accepts her father recently passing away. Think critically about Mr. Burnish’s transition from a villan to a hero that helps save Everest. Examine Yi, Jin and Peng’s relationship and discover advice about how to grow in relationships with family and friends.
This resource consists of 10 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the preview file for high resolution sample questions.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- A Google Forms & Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- An answer key (4 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
Here are my tips for using Abominable Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG – 2019) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
Abominable Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG – 2019) resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
100% Free Movie Guides
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides
Digital PDF Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don’t already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)