This Crash Course Kids Free Lesson is easy to use and will guides your student/child through this short, entertaining, yet substantive Youtube video. Crash Course Kids – Welcome to the Neighborhood (#2.1) Free Youtube Guide might be just thing that you are looking for to create a remote learning curriculum as a teacher, or just a simple at home educational activity as a parent. If you find this resource useful, come back in a couple weeks for the entire Earth Science playlist that will include 22 movie guides.
Here are my tips for using this Crash Course Kids – Welcome to the Neighborhood (#2.1) Free Youtube Guide in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
The Crash Course Kids – Welcome to the Neighborhood (#2.1) Free Youtube Guide resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
100% Free Movie Guides
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.