Felicity: An American Girl Adventure Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (TV – 2005)
Felicity: An American Girl Adventure Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (TV – 2005) challenges students to experience Felicity’s life as a 10 year old girl growing up in Colonial America. Explore the historical context within the film and what it meant to be a patriot and loyalist during this critical time in history. Ask students to learn valuable lessons from the life changing events Felicity experiences, her grandfathers words of wisdom and how her family deals with opposing political views.
This resource consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the preview file for high resolution sample questions.
NOTES: To avoid any title confusion, this movie guide goes along with the movie If you have a different version of this film, the time stamps may be off by a few seconds, in this case, I’ve also included a short description of where to stop the film for each question.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- An answer key (4 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
The digital version is for a paperless classroom if your students each have a tablet/iPad. Here is a method that worked for me:
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don’t already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with the students.
- After students have completed the movie guide, ask them to save it in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Here are my tips for using the Felicity: An American Girl Adventure Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (TV – 2005) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
The Felicity: An American Girl Adventure Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (TV – 2005) resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
100% Free Movie Guides
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.