Here are my tips for using this Giraffes Can’t Dance Read Aloud Book Guide in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided Giraffes Can’t Dance Read Aloud Book Guide for each student
- Preview the questions ahead of time to see if any tweaks need to made to suit your students
- Encourage discussions and further questions, but discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
The Giraffes Can’t Dance Read Aloud Book Guide resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
Is this resource worth it? Download some of free resources below to check for quality: before you buy!
I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don’t already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Giles Andreae is a British writer and illustrator. Besides authoring this fantastic book is he also well known as the creator of the stickman poet Purple Ronnie, the humorous artist / philosopher Edward Monkton.