Movie Guide Questions made for How the Grinch Stole Christmas (PG – 2000)
Movie Guide Questions made for How the Grinch Stole Christmas (PG – 2000) is an entertaining movie that teaches an important lesson about how Christmas can become just about shopping and gifts. Identify and describe metaphors during iconic songs. Evaluate Cindy Lou’s speech and explore Grinch’s personality and how he reacts to praise. Take full advantage of the learning opportunities in this film with this movie guide.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- An answer key (4 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A Google Forms & Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
Here are my tips for using this Movie Guide Questions made for How the Grinch Stole Christmas (PG – 2000) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
Movie Guide Questions made for How the Grinch Stole Christmas (PG – 2000) is also available on TeachersPayTeachers:
Try before you buy! Check out a variety of 100% Free Movie Guides:
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides
DISCLAIMER: This listing is an independent compilation and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Dr. Seuss Enterprises or any entities associated with them. It is not intended to replicate or replace any officially licensed materials. The titles and characters associated with Dr. Seuss, including but not limited to ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas!’, ‘The Cat in the Hat’, ‘Horton Hears a Who!’, ‘The Lorax’, and ‘The Grinch’, are trademarks owned by Dr. Seuss Enterprises. This listing is provided for informational purposes only and is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by Dr. Seuss Enterprises or any related parties.