The I Can Only Imagine – Music Video & Song Lyrics Lesson Plan challenges students to analyze the famous song by MercyMe. Discuss with your students the 5 high-level, short answer questions on the student handout and use the teacher lesson plan to drive the class period and ask additional verbal questions.
Check the preview pictures for high resolution sample questions to see if this music video guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product includes:
A student handout, PDF print version (2 pages)
A student handout, PDF digital fillable form version (2 pages)
A Teacher’s Lesson Plan & Answer Key (3 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior.
Note: You may want to check out this product I Can Only Imagine Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG – 2018)
as the Music Video Lesson Plan is also included as a bonus in the Movie Guide product.
Here are my tips for using the I Can Only Imagine Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG – 2018) with students in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie