Mulan Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google Formats (G – 1998)
This Mulan Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google Form (G – 1998) is a great way to get your students thinking about ‘the reflection’ that they see in the mirror. It is great for class parties or a substitute lesson plan. It is suitable for very young ages since it is rated G but will keep the attention of upper elementary students. This movie guide includes the translated version of the original Chinese poem that the story Mulan is based on. In the last essay question, students are challenged to find similarities and differences between the poem and the movie.
This resource consists of 10 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the thumbnail images for sample questions.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- An answer key (4 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A Google Forms & Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Google Classroom Distance Learning Tips:
- Create an assignment using the Google Form
- Use the screen sharing tool on your conference calling software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
- Make sure students input their name, so when you open your copy of the form, you can see each student’s individual response they submitted
- Note: If you are using the movie guide for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the google form with file names such as [Title]MovieGuideClassPeriod and then create assignments for each copy of the Google Form movie guide