Teach Character Study with Ron’s Gone Wrong (PG – 2021)
Check the thumbnails for high resolution sample questions to see if this resource is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 7 short answer questions that target RL.1.3 to RL.4.3 standards of character description.
This movie is available for streaming on .
This product .zip file includes the following PDF files:
- An answer key (2 pages)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met (1 page)
- A PDF with link to a Google Slides version (1 page)
- A Student Worksheet | Print Version (2 pages)
- An About TeacherTravis Intro (1 page)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
- Differentiation Note: Although each question specifically targets one of the standards above, each question is suitable for multiple grade levels.
Here are my tips for using this Teach Character Study with Ron’s Gone Wrong (PG – 2021) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided Teach Character Study with Ron’s Gone Wrong (PG – 2021) worksheet for each student
- Preview the questions before beginning the 10 minute movie clip (the time is designated on the resource)
- Re-watch the clip multiple times if necessary and pause in between viewing to discuss or help students
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- On average, completing this activity will require about 30 minutes.
Google Classroom | Google Slide | Tips:
- Click on the link included in the PDF titled “Google Slides Version” and save a copy of the file to your Google Drive/Classroom
- Create an assignment for your students
- If you are using this resource for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the Google Slides version with file names such as [Title]ClassPeriod and then create assignments
Free Downloads Below:
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides