The Giver Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG13 – 2014)
The Giver Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG13 – 2014) challenges students to delves into the issue of freedom, diversity, government and quality of life. Take full advantage of the learning opportunities in this film by using this movie guide. Journey through the movie as a class, pausing at the designated times, and discuss and answer the thought provoking questions.
This resource consists of 14 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the preview files for high resolution sample questions.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (5 pages)
- An answer key (5 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A Google Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the google slides version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
Here are my tips for using The Giver Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG13 – 2014) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
The Giver Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (PG13 – 2014) resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
Try before you buy! Check out a variety of 100% Free Movie Guides:
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide