Movie Guide Questions made for The Grinch (PG – 2018)
Movie Guide Questions made for The Grinch (PG – 2018) brings this older Christmas classic back to life and engage your students. With new modern music and Grinch’s drone reconnaissance your younger students will be sure to connect with this film. Challenge students to compare Grinch’s actions and feelings to their own and examine the true meaning of Christmas.
This resource consists of 11 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the preview file for high resolution sample questions.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (4 pages)
- An answer key (4 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A Google Forms & Slides Version of the Movie Guide
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Google Classroom Distance Learning Tips:
- Create an assignment using the Google Form
- Use the screen sharing tool on your conference calling software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
- Make sure students input their name, so when you open your copy of the form, you can see each student’s individual response they submitted
- Note: If you are using the movie guide for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the google form with file names such as [Title]MovieGuideClassPeriod and then create assignments for each copy of the Google Form movie guide
Here are my tips for using Movie Guide Questions made for The Grinch (PG – 2018) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
Movie Guide Questions made for The Grinch (PG – 2018) resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
100% Free Movie Guides: Try before you buy!
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides
DISCLAIMER: This listing is an independent compilation and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise endorsed by Dr. Seuss Enterprises or any entities associated with them. It is not intended to replicate or replace any officially licensed materials. The titles and characters associated with Dr. Seuss, including but not limited to ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas!’, ‘The Cat in the Hat’, ‘Horton Hears a Who!’, ‘The Lorax’, and ‘The Grinch’, are trademarks owned by Dr. Seuss Enterprises. This listing is provided for informational purposes only and is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by Dr. Seuss Enterprises or any related parties.