This Wonder Movie and Book Study Guide Bundled Resource challenges students to get in touch with their empathetic and sympathetic nature by analyzing the stories within this incredible film. This resource will help students implement the real life lessons that Wonder has to offer.
This product .zip file includes:
A student movie guide, PDF version (5 pages)
A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (5 pages)
A Movie Guide Answer Key/CCSS Alignment and Google Forms version
A Book Study Guide with Chapter by Chapter Questions (22 pages)
The digital version of the movie guide is for a paperless classroom if your students each have a tablet/iPad. Here is a method that worked for me:
1. Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don’t already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
2. Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with the students.
3. After students have completed the movie guide, ask them to save it in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Please see the product images for example questions from this movie guide and download a free, complete movie guide for Kung Fu Panda 3 or Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief to see the general quality of my questions and movie guides.
Here are my tips for using the Wonder Movie and Book Study Guide Bundle with students in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie