Wreck-It Ralph Movie Guide (PG – 2012)
Challenge students to navigate the themes of identity, acceptance, and change through the adventures of a video game villain with this Wreck-It Ralph Movie Guide (PG – 2012). Encourage discussions about the significance of roles in society and personal growth, and provide an opportunity for students to share how they would resolve conflicts between characters. Investigate the impact of Ralph’s actions across different video game worlds and what lessons can be drawn from his journey towards self-acceptance. Finally, consider the effects of technology and gaming on our perceptions of heroes and villains.
This resource is meant to supplement the viewing of this movie, see the IMDb listing here.
Check the thumbnails for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 12 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product .zip file includes:
- An Answer Key w/ CCSS Alignment (4 Pages)
- A Student Movie Guide (4 Pages)
- A PDF with link to a Google Slides version (1 Page)
- CCSS alignment, Admin Movie Request and Permission Slip (2 Pages)
- A free resources and ‘About’ section (8 Pages – Not included in the page count for this product)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Google Classroom | Google Slide | Tips:
- Click on the link included in the PDF titled “Google Slides Version” and save a copy of the file to your Google Drive/Classroom
- Create an assignment for your students
- If you are using this resource for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the Google Slides version with file names such as [Title]ClassPeriod and then create assignments
Tips for using this Wreck-It Ralph Movie Guide (PG – 2012) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
Film Guide | Film Literature | Film Class | Movie Literature | Movie Class | Film as Lit | FilmLit | Film as Literature | Movies as Lit | Movie Worksheets | Movie Questions | Film Questions | Film Worksheets | Movie analysis worksheet | Film study guides | Movie discussion questions | Film review worksheets | Movie comprehension questions | Film analysis activities