Boundin’ Pixar Short Video Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google Form (2003)
Boundin’ Pixar Short Video Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google Form (2003) challenges students to analyze this 4 minute Oscar nominated Pixar animation. Compare and contrast how the sheep reacts to its wool being cut at the beginning and end of the film. Analyze the Jackalope’s advice and explore what it would mean to be a ‘Jackalope’ in your community. Finally, discuss the theme and the lessons students can learn from it.
NOTE: This video can easily be found online or on YouTube by searching the title.
This resource consists of 6 high-level short answer questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the thumbnail images for sample questions.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (2 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (2 pages)
- An answer key (2 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Google Classroom Distance Learning Tips:
- Create an assignment using the Google Form
- Use the screen sharing tool on your conference calling software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
- Make sure students input their name, so when you open your copy of the form, you can see each student’s individual response they submitted
- Note: If you are using the movie guide for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the google form with file names such as [Title]MovieGuideClassPeriod and then create assignments for each copy of the Google Form movie guide
Here are my tips for using Boundin’ Pixar Short Video Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google Form (2003) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
Boundin’ Pixar Short Video Guide | Questions | Worksheet | Google Form (2003) resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
100% Free Movie Guides: Try before you buy!
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides
Digital PDF Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don’t already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
You may also like…
Pixar Short Video Guide Bundle 10 PACK | SAVE 35%Add to cart
Pixar Short Video Guide Super-Duper AMAZING Bundle SAVE 50% | 30 PACKAdd to cart
Pixar Short Video Guide Bundle #3 | SAVE 35%Add to cart
Pixar Short Video Guide Bundle #2 | SAVE 35% | Theme | Plot | Infer | QuestionAdd to cart