Braveheart Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (R – 1995)
This Braveheart Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (R – 1995) challenges students to put themselves into the shoes of the characters and analyze their relationships and decisions. Explore the different styles of leadership between William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and King Edward. Think critically about freedom, its value and what someone would be willing to give up before fighting for their freedom like William Wallace. Research how accurate the film was and describe which inaccuracy was the most important.
This resource is meant to supplement the viewing of the movie, see the IMDb listing here.
Check the thumbnails for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 13 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (5 pages)
- An answer key (5 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A Fillable Forms PDF Version of the Movie Guide
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
- Need a generic movie guide permission slip? Download it free here.
Here are my tips for using Braveheart Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (R – 1995) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
Braveheart Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (R – 1995) resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
Free Downloads Below:
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide
K12 Movie Guides are on these other platforms as well:
- Pinterest – TeacherTravis
- Facebook Page – K12MovieGuides
- Instagram – TeacherTravis
- Twitter – @k12movieguides
Film Guide | Film Literature | Film Class | Movie Literature | Movie Class | Film as Lit | FilmLit | Film as Literature | Movies as Lit | Movie Worksheets | Movie Questions | Film Questions | Film Worksheets | Movie analysis worksheet | Film study guides | Movie discussion questions | Film review worksheets | Movie comprehension questions | Film analysis activities | Movie critique worksheets