To Kill a Mockingbird Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (1962)
To Kill a Mockingbird Movie Guide challenges students to think critically about the plethora of important concepts in this classic movie based on Harper Lee’s novel. Explore Atticus Finch’s ideals and watch as the plot helps students develop sympathy.
This resource consists of 14 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the preview file for high resolution sample questions.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (5 pages)
- A Google Google Slides version of the movie guide
- An answer key (5 pages) is included, however, some answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning throughout the film and many questions are open-ended.
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page – see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Language Note: The characters portrayed in TKAMB use racially charged language that teachers and students may find uncomfortable or offensive. Obtaining parent permission and school approval is advised.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
Here are my tips for using To Kill a Mockingbird Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (1962) in your classroom:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview each question on the movie guide as you come to it before resuming the movie
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide and help students if necessary
- Discussion here is great, encourage and allow students to share their ideas and thoughts for any question
- Discourage students from simply copying answers
- If needed, and if time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie for additional analysis
- After completing the short answers on the movie guide, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end
- On average, completing this movie guide will require about 30-45 minutes in addition to the length of the movie
To Kill a Mockingbird Movie Guide | Questions | Worksheet (1962) resource is also available on TeachersPayTeachers
Try before you buy! Check out a variety of 100% Free Movie Guides:
Get a feel for these movie guides and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to ‘live’ on the higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy.
- Trolls World Tour Movie Guide
- Onward Movie Guide
- Home Alone 2 Movie Guide
- Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide
- Percy Jackson – Lightning Thief Movie Guide