Are you a long time Liberty’s Kids user?
Have you been using Liberty’s Kids to spice up your social studies and American history curriculum for years? Give a new and fresh, student-facing look to your curriculum with this brand new bundle!
Are you new to the Liberty’s Kids series?
This is an amazing collection of animated episodes that capture students’ interest and teaches them American History at the same time. There are 40 episodes that are about 20 minutes each and when used with these movie guides is a perfect match for a single class period. Best of all the episodes themselves can be streamed for FREE on YouTube. This series comprehensively covers the time period of the American Revolution and history changing documents like Common Sense, The Declaration of Independence and The US Constitution. Get a personal look at all the historically relevant characters during this time as well, such as George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, Lafayette and James Armistead.
Each movie guide encourages students to take the time to stop, think and digest all the historical concepts packed into these fun, concise cartoon episodes. Challenge students to develop their EQ and life skills by asking them to analyze decisions that characters make, predict their outcomes and imagine what they would have done if they were in their shoes, all within the historical context of each episode.
This bundled movie guide includes the listed products plus an additional .zip bonus file which includes PDF files containing 5 episodes each.
- Student movie guide, PDF print version
- Student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version
- Answer key, PDF, including CCSS alignment
Note: The time stamps on this movie guide match up with the DVD version of these episodes, however if you have a different version of the film short descriptions of where to stop the film for each question are included.
The entire season 1 (40 episodes) can currently be found on YouTube. For example on the LibertysKidsTV channel, however, this is not my channel and this link may or may not be available in the future.
Each bundled single episode includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (3 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (3 pages)
- A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
- An answer key PDF (3 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior.
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF 1 page (see also preview image)
- Alignment includes Anchor Standards, Grade 5 ELA, & Grades 6-8 History/Social Studies.
- I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading & history/social studies standards below with consuming content, story and plot elements via watching film. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform similar cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Google Classroom Distance Learning Tips:
- Create an assignment using the Google Form
- Use the screen sharing tool on your conference calling software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
- Make sure students input their name, so when you open your copy of the form, you can see each student’s individual response they submitted
- Note: If you are using the movie guide for multiple classes and want to separate responses by class, create multiple copies of the google form with file names such as [Title]MovieGuideClassPeriod and then create assignments for each copy of the Google Form movie guide
This bundled movie guide .zip file includes the following episodes:
*NOTE* If you’d like a custom bundle including 10 or more Liberty’s Kids episodes please contact K12MovieGuides@gmail.com : )